The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drag link lubrication
I rebuilt everything on the car and now oil and grease as necessary. But there are no grease nipples on the ends of the steering drag link. They were all cleaned and greased on assembly, but doing nearly a thousand miles a year, should I worry about greasing these?

It's a 1934 mk 1 Ruby.
No.
On my RP, I anoint mine with SAE 140 oil every 1250 miles at the same time as doing all the grease nipples and oiling just about everything that moves.. I have an oilcan dedicated to the SAE140 for use in topping up the steering box and the back axle. I also put a dribble on the front radius arm balljoint.
Later Sevens were fitted with drag link end caps which were fitted with grease nipples, I've fitted these to our RN saloons.
(18-03-2022, 01:09 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: Later Sevens were fitted with drag link end caps which were fitted with grease nipples, I've fitted these to our RN saloons.

I had thought that this would be a better lubricating option than the practice I use at present, butvI have shelved it until the day comes when I have to replace the draglink ends, which at present are in good condition.
Thankyou everybody for the comments. I will not concern myself too much, will dribble gear-oil from time to time, and leave a note for future owners to use nipple-equipped caps when overhaul is needed.