The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum posts
Can someone tell me if posts are somehow numbered? For example if someone asked a question could I say have a look at post number xyz of sometime ago?
Also is there a way of looking again at my past posts and replies?
Thanks, Nick
Nick you can read all of your or others posts by clicking on  poster's names then  click on previous posts or threads. I don't think you can review by number , only by using the search box , using a specific trigger word. This can be a bit hit and miss but I may have missed a better method,  others may have found different paths
If the total posts numbered as within posts, with the original no 1, could reference easliy!
Thanks Peter; I should have seen that on my Forum info. I see that I don't have any reputation!!
I would think that numbering posts would sometimes be useful but I am a Junior Member ... great, makes me feel young.
(11-03-2022, 01:25 PM)Nick Mayne Wrote: Can someone tell me if posts are somehow numbered? For example if someone asked a question could I say have a look at post number xyz of sometime ago?

Short answer:

If you click on the number in the top right-hand corner of any reply it will take you to that reply. You can then copy the resultant URL and paste it anywhere else to reference it.

Longer explanation:

Every thread has a unique "topic id" (TID) and each individual post a "post id" (PID). If you click on the displayed number in the right-hand corner of any post you can see both ID's in the URL.

For instance, if you click on the #4 in your reply above it will take you to a URL ending "?tid=7271&pid=79952#pid79952". 7271 is this thread and 79952 is post number 4 within it (the #pid79952 at the end directs the browser to scroll down to that post).

So that specific post can be accessed any time from that URL, i.e. ...showthread.php?tid=7271&pid=79952#pid79952

Note that the PID is unique within the entire forum, not just the thread, so if you want to get really slick you can actually omit the TID; unless you just want to direct back to the whole thread, in which case use only the TID.

e.g.:
Thread: .../forum/showthread.php?tid=7271 

Ian (also a junior)