The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performance parts suppliers
Following on from my new to austins post I am after the following

- Contact details of the guy who is able to grind cams to reduce base circle diameter the required amount
-Supply of oversize valves 32mm. It seems like most people are out of stock but suggestions welcolme or information regarding modification of A series valves
-Any ideas where to get an eltos 4 speed change. I have tried one supplier who has not replied to my email which I guess is either a no or just plain old not good for buisiness

I am hopeful of having the zippy engine built and in late summer so its run in for the Autum trials. The old engine only has to last one more ATA event, the cobham trial and a few short road trips including the centenary, please cross you fingers for us. We are hopeful of keeping the title lock down special and not becoming the road side special.
Most suppliers do 29mm inlets valves which should be fine for a trials engine. I have used 32mm A series valves, I turn up a special valve cap and use longer springs, but I guess you could simply shorten them cut a collet groove and use Austin caps suitably modified for double springs. Several people seem to have offered reground cams in the recent past, Pigsty, Vince leek, Alan Raeburn etc, some from Newman's, some done by Mr Bonewell, I have had always very good experience with the latter but I hear good reports about Newman ground cams.

PS, I have an Eltos remote, they are quite nice but heavy and in the 4 speed version they reverse the gate. You can fabricate a remote that is lighter and works just as well if not better.
Black Art Enthusiast
i put everyone on to paul bonewell for reground cams, he has 3 to do for me as well. so very well trusted for his work.

as 7 county austins, i think im the only one with 29mm inlet valves at the moment. due to the fallout of corona virus production dates have moved from 3 months to 12 months + so when stock runs out. it is catching suppliers out. which is why there are next to no standard valves in stock anywere. estimated back in, middle of april.

as 7 county austins, i do make the 4 speed eltos remotes. and i do have some on the shelf UNFINISHED. they need setting up, which beleive it or not. takes around 6 hours of messing about. which i dont really pay myself for. so when im short of time as i am at the moment. they dont get done. cant recall your email, but i am behind on them at the momment.

time for me at the moment is for valuable than gold. as i sed on another thread im struggling to even get my own cars ready for shows. on top of that i had to remove another engine for a rebore. so im gonna need to find another couple of days to refit it.

can someone lobby for a at least a 9 day week.

tony