The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ruby battery fixing
Dennis,
The battery sits away from the side and front of the box so it does not trap the speedo cable. Also the clamp securing studs are long enough to allow a bigger size battery to be fitted if required. (to answer a later question)
Not sure how the battery is held tight with the cable running down the offside, hence the use if a piece of ply I guess mentioned in an earlier post, to pull the battery against?
However I have made my own bracket which wraps right around the battery on three sides and bolts the front face of the battery box. I have included rubber strip between metal and the battery to prevent chaffing and fitted a firm rubber foam pad between the battery the front face inside face of the battery box. The cable is clear and the battery secure.
I realise now that the two holes that an “original” style bracket would have utilised have on my Ruby been occupied by two earthing cables. One is on the offside of the battery box and acts as the earth from the + terminal on the battery and the second makes an earth connection from front face of the battery box to one of the rear head studs on the block.
This is how the earth cables were on the car when purchased and I followed suit.
I have not changed this arrangement, but wonder if others have an earth to a head stud? It does not show on any wiring diagram but my brother Pete informs me he has one on his big seven?
Cheers