The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any isetta experts on here?
Wondered if anyone also runs an Isetta or knows them intimately of old.
Perhaps a better place to ask..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheBMWIsettaFanClub/
Hi Jon

No expert advice I’m afraid.  My parents acquired a very tired 3 wheeler for me when I was 16.  It was a successful attempt to ensure I didn’t buy a motorbike.  I started to learn to drive in the car until I scared the life out of my father when I almost rolled it making a sharp right hander! By that time I was 17 and my Grandfather decided to give up driving and passed on his Ford 100E.

I sold the Isetta to a school chum who seized the engine on the drive home. No idea what happened to it after.  Given current values it is yet another of the cars I once owned that I wish I could have kept!

Cheers

Howard
The only bit left from my Heinkel is the wiper motor on Slack Alice.
just something local - a complete pile of bits - that given their values, thought that seemed impossible not to research a bit given their size and simplicity and the price of the pile. But for same reason, Hugh, wouldn't want to go piling into a facebook group...
fire away i'm sure the combined power of the seveners can solve this 2 stroke conundrum
Last night watched a program where they electrify classic cars. The car was a BMW Isetta 3 wheeler. What grabbed my attention was that the customers estimated budget was To my ears £30-40.000. More money than sense if that was the case. They made a nice Job of it and a 100 mile range in town. Silent and sprightly. The one I drove was like sitting in a dustbin with someone hitting the side with a hammer. Pete
When I was a student a friend bought two Isettas for £3 and made a runner out of them. Well sort of. The exhaust kept falling off so he tied it on with some wire so when it did he didn't have to walk back down the road to collect it. In the late 1960s it was cheap transport for an impecunious student. Fine in town, probably well out of its depth on the open road. 350cc single cyl 4 stroke or something like that.
My intrigue was in thinking they were relatively simple, (?), well catered for spares.... and yet they are hideously expensive to buy. And you never see them unrestored/basic runner these days. I wondered why.
Some years ago, waiting for the ferry to Holland on Hull docks with a few other Sevens, we were joined by lots of Bubble Cars of various makes who were going to their own do in The Netherlands. We were on the same overnight ferry coming back and when we went down to the car deck on our return to Hull we were met by a strong smell of petrol. Turned out one of the Bubble Cars had emptyied the contents of its tank overnight. Don't imagine it would have been a big tank but it was still squeaky bum time 'till we were off the boat. Dodgy

Steve