The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP door interior panel
I am making progress with my car, and many thanks to this forum for all it's helpful advice.  I tried to find something on this subject but without luck, so apologies if I'm asking something that has been covered elsewhere.

I am working on the upholstery and doing the "easy" stuff first.  I am puzzled about the two vertical slots in the plywood door panels.  
They seem to be at each side of the pocket, and I found a small piece of the rubber band that clearly went through the top of the panel on each side. 
I was going to make the pocket and the two side panel sections all in one piece, and now I wonder if that should include a strengthening flap going through the pocket to protect against the pocket and contents causing the rest of the panel covering to sag. 

I hope that I have succeeded in attaching a picture of the panel remains and the car.
Any advice is welcome.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Slowly rebuilding a '34 RP
Hi Graham, you are in luck, I haven’t fitted my door panels to my 34 RP yet.

I copied the originals exactly and Bryan Purves trimmed them for me, you can see where the slots are to enable the central part of door pocket to stretch, while the front and rear pockets are not elasticated.

I have attached pictures of the front and back of the panel, which I hope will enable to see how it works, it’s really very simple...like everything else on a Seven!        

Sorry the pics are upside down, if you click on them you can view them the right way up!
Many thanks Ivor for your quick reply. Yes, that solves my puzzle, and your photos help a lot with trim detail.
Regards
Graham
Graham, that photo shows the trim panel for a deluxe RP saloon. The trim for a standard saloon is different, with no carpet at the bottom and a smaller pocket...on the standard saloon there is no metal trim across the top of the panel.
On the de luxe is the metal cover for the winder not under the trim material?
Yes, Reckers is correct, these are for the RP DeLuxe and the winder panel goes under the trim, as far as I’m aware.
It certainly is on mine which has the original door cards.
This is a Standard Saloon door card:

[Image: WP-20170927-13-41-58-Pro.jpg]

In both cases the metal for the window winder is underneath. There is no metal/wood effect horizontal trim where the door pull goes on the Standard saloon.

Originally there was no sunroof, just a fixed panel (with smoker's hatch), headlamps were Lucas LB103s, but painted. Rubber mats, no carpet, no sun visor, Dash painted black. Usually (but could have been ordered differently) body painted all one colour.
Thanks for the information on a standard saloon.  Mine is a standard, export model which originally had a smoker's hatch which I will fit.
That is the first photo I have seen of a standard car so many thanks, Reckless Rat. The differences explain why the door plywood remains had "STD" chalked on them.

However, I have gone ahead with the only information I had up till now from many sources and so I am well on the way to replicating my doors as per the deLuxe version, scaling it from the photo on page 51 of Rinsey Mills' book. The carpet will help to seal the space between the door and the body frame.  I did decide to put the winder cover under so I got that right.

Learning how to sew has been fun (most of the time). 
I'll post a photo soon of a completed panel.
    Here is the completed panel- some wrinkles to remove but it will do.  The rear lighting is not quite standard and I have used Land Rover lenses.  The little box in the center is a reversing camera and the monitor will be hidden away in the glove box.