The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
le Puy Notre-Dame
I see that there is an announcement on WhatsAp giving the date for le P N-D. 29,30,31 July  Anyone planning to go? I know I am...

As an aside I went to the ferry booking site to try to get an advance discount(?) but now see that there is a required field for the registration of a trailer. You cannot progress to booking without filling in the field. I would imagine that a made up number might fool P&O or DFDS in UK if you arrive at 03.00h and someone is asleep at the window but you won't get out of the port area on the other side without a certificate of some sort? More likely they won't even let you onto the ferry to take the chance.

Am I being paranoid and "I-told-you-so" or is this one of the "benefits of Brexit", that every trailer going to the EU now has to conform to regulations, registration, no home built without a certificate of conformity?
If your "non-commercial" trailer is plated under 3500 kg it does not need to be registered:
https://www.bespokerallies.com/2021/02/n...st-brexit/
More information: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/trailer-regi...ur-trailer
Details of how to register a manufactured trailer here: https://www.gov.uk/register-trailer-to-take-abroad
Snag: of course, might the interpretation of this regulation be in the hands of some ferry employee who has not understood the implications?
We'll all be interested to know what you discover.
Thanks for that Tony, I shall pursue this and report back...
A quick look at those links tells me I need to weigh the trailer which seems to be the first step before I can start to fill in forms so take it to my friendly local metal recycler to weigh it empty. Then I'll have to take the car on a separate occasion (which I've been meaning to do anyway) so I have all necessary info.
You can get nice blank trailer plates off Fleabay.
You then stamp all the relevant details onto the plate and fix it to your trailer.
It helps in the UK too.
Duncan - Yes, Debs and I are going. Probably driving down in the MG VA.
Thanks Dickie65, plate ordered, hope to see you there Nick.
Get your own plate and stamp it yourself. Hate to sound cynical but how many who make there own plate put the correct weight etc on it. No reference at all to your honesty Duncan. I can just see the flaws in the system.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Sure, anything is possible but I've driven past lots of HMRC inspection sites and similar in France so my view is not to take the chance. A chap I used to do installations for had a favourite line: "You'd look bloody stupid in court!"
It would seem that a trailer weighing less than 3500 kg does not need specific documentation. However, I dug out the receipt and have added the registration number on that with type and model and tare and gross permitted weights to a plate riveted onto the RHS limb of the trailer. I will also carry a copy of the document.

I WILL NOT be booking through P&O unless they reverse their disgraceful decision to employ Indian workers at £1.80 per hour and re-instate their original crews.

(I know I shouldn't introduce politics at every available opportunity but I also know I would disappoint many if I didn't, so, for any who are interested there is a petition on WhatsApp)
I am doing the Eurotour and the default crossing is with P&O, I've paid the remaining costs today and requested that my crossing is with DFDS, which Scenic Car Tours quite happily changed for me...