The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I have tried to keep as many original features as possible"
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203835206998?...Sw-NhiDjAB

I don't know whether to laugh or cry! Undecided
Including the rust.
Would one be allowed to take it to Curborough in a couple of weeks time?
steve, you`ll be fine. as long as the rossers dont see you.

imagine being pulled over, just to be told your number plate is elegal Big Grin
it costs several thousand dollars ( two to aquid) to get a basic special certified here.
The VW tuning book has excellent coverageo of progrssiev hotting of stock engine, much at sensible revs. Virtues of 4 into 2 vs 4 into 1 exh explored.
I actually quite like it! It is being honest about what it is a, Rat rod, made out of assorted parts and a great way for a discarded Box body to live on.
Black Art Enthusiast
Aside of the subject of whether a roadworthy car 'died' i have nothing but admiration for anyone able/willing to bolt bits together and create a vehicle no matter how monstrous the results might be. But for me, a straight box saloon is just fine...
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
This has recently been discussed on Facebook. DVLA thinks that it's an 1125cc 1933 Austin 10. The seller claims that it's a 1932 Austin Seven (presumably on the strength of having an RN body), but claims that it has a "modified" (!!!!!) Big Seven chassis.

Clearly this should be on a Q-plate, not running round benefitting from MoT and tax exemptions.

As someone who is on what I know will be a fruitless mission to reclaim a legitimate original registration, it really pisses me off to see something like this running around with a period plate to which it has no conceivable entitlement.
It will probably be insured as an Austin 7.   I still don't know how they get away without having mudguards.  I suppose that this kind of vehicle only ever gets used to go to the local 'old car' static rally.  It's supposed to look like a dragster but in reality would be no use whatsoever for any type of competition.
Unfortunately this type of vehicle has lead to people with genuine vintage cars having problems with the DVLA.
It's not my place to criticise anyone for what they do to their car and neither would I wish to do so. What attracted my attention however was the statement that heads up this post. It may be a fact that "original features" have been kept; I just ask the question "why bother?" Are original features desirable in a hot rod? I just don't see the point.