The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dixi Winter
A proper snowy winters scene. 

Love that pic and especially the knee-britches. Tho object on the opposite wing? Tripod case?
Most likely! 

Anyone with an interest in old cameras looking for one?

.jpg   Screenshot_20220207-102226_Gallery.jpg (Size: 213.57 KB / Downloads: 497)
When I was a kid I used to play with a fascinating device whose purpose was unknown to me. It was a clockwork device which released a plunger as per syringe after 5 or 10 seconds. Only twenty or so years later, long after it had vanished in a house move, did I realise it as a delayed shutter activator for a camera which we still have. It was a German made item and I bet the photo was taken using one…
Shrewd deduction.  He does have a rather held smile look. 
My father always used to pace out the range so in group photos all had a rather resigned look by the time the photo was taken.
Can modern cars with their low front skirts manage such conditions?
He would not be too concerned by draughts around the pedals.
...and the leather case on the other mudguard HAS to be for a Voigtlander!
Surely the leg garment is plus-twos or plus-fours. Didn't knee britches have a buckle at the knee?
What's with the hubs and front axle?
Well spotted, Bob; it's a post-1931 BMW 3/15 DA4 model, which had independent front suspension.
Mine have Velcro on the outside of the knee, cheaper than a buckle. I think the overhang would cover a buckle in the style in this pic? I used to have a pair of Joe Browns climbing britches with a buckle on the inside IIRC.
I may be mistaken but I think plus fours were not much above the ankle and plus twos were a bit below the knees?
Better ask Jeeves…a gentleman’s gentleman will know!