The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedex Information Exchange
Hi All,

Some may have picked up that the kit of Speedex parts that makes up my Speedex750 is up for sale on that well known on-line auction site.

While I have made some progress with it over the past year I've realised with the onset of a creaking back, knees, etc plus two other cars and many other interests; that if I couldn't make real progress during a lock down I'd probably never complete the Speedex. It was with a sad heart personally but being realistic, that I decided that a new owner could inject some energy and get it over the line.

As you probably know, I coordinated the Speedex Information Exchange which was a collation of all things Speedex; 750, Silverstone, Sirocco and Spree Kart; 60's brochures, adverts, etc, 750MC racing pictures as well as images of the surviving cars. These are invaluable to owner/restorers wondering what this bit does or how that component should be mounted. I'm delighted to say that Silverstone owner, Nick Lettington has offered to take this over and continue it on. Please address any Speedex queries to him. 

My intent is to offer all my original Speedex information to the Archive to back up what is on the Speedex page on the A7CA website.

All that said, I'm not leaving the planet and still have my modified late Opal to zoom around in maintaining my A7 interest. And like the rest of you, I've a loft full of A7 spares. I'll still be involved in the Forum and of course I can still help and advise those with special related queries.

Dave
There are times in your life when you have to make practical decisions and sometimes they are not easy, but I’m sure you’ve made the right decision for the future of the Speedex.
I'd like to personally thank Dave for all the work he has put in over the years in building the Speedex Register and for the help and assistance given to me from time to time.
His offer to donate his Speedex information is very generous and I know it will be enthusiastically taken up by the Archivist.

I'm delighted that Nick has taken up the baton and I wish him well.
Dave has done a great job over the years, but all good things must come to an end one day. However, happily this is more of a change than an end, as I'm sure that Nick will carry on Dave's enthusiasm for all things Speedex. Thank you Dave, and the very best to Nick! I would be grateful if you could let Mike Costigan and Adrian Payne know of the transition so that the A7CA magazine and website can be updated.