The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP bonnet silly question of the day
Once again, I must call on you lovely people for a bit of help.

On the bonnet stay there is a loop one end and a “cradle” the other end where the bonnet hinge sits, can anyone tell me which way round it is fitted?

I think mine is back to front!
Mine has the loop at the back and the cradle at the front, which makes the bonnet easier to lift on and off -  alhough it may not be correct!
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
ours has always had the loop at the back and the cradle at the front.

If it were fitted the other way round it would be a b'stard to fit surely?

I've just put mine on again today. RP engine transplant complete, Austin fully assembled, just need to work out why both horns don't work.
My RP has the loop at the back as well.
Thanks fellas, mine IS the right way round then, it’s just that it jumps out of the cradle when I lift the bonnet, but I think that must be down to paint in the hinge.

You’ve come to the rescue once again!
I lived in Wellington NZ where 60 mph+ gust head winds were common. I always fitted the loop to the front. Often the metal retaining the ball of the catch is much reduced.

On my Superminx I had a bonnet lift at 55 mph into a violent wind. Damage was impressive. Took considerable work before I could even drive on. The workshop manual included a mod to the catch...but they did not see fit to explain why...... A stitch in time....