The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 EOG 454 history
It is amazing what people dig up and documents they have.

I am still trying to fill in history of my special built by George Povey and registered in  1938.  Supercharged and the bottom half (at least) of the engine now residing and racing in Stuart Ulph's special. 
After George had it (and raced it?) it went:
 31/10/40 to Aircraft Components Ltd Arle Court Cheltenham; 
25/5/46 Purkess Ltd Ballards Lane, Finchley Middlesex (Garage?)
15/7/46 John Kirby Bourne End Buckingham with whom I have corresponded and had some photos from.
6 Oct 1947 Robert Wm Abbot Miller, Cla (poorly hand written here) Road Farm Clacton on Sea. Who may be the one that had it in the photos?

18 May 1948 Leonard Gillbanks Dalston E8
25 Aug 1949 Edward Fraser Walter, Bedford Park Mansions London W4
31 Oct 1950 Edwin Skingley West Wickham Kent (a friend off whom forwarded me some photos of Skingly family with    car)
14/7/1959 M J Barnes Moreton St SW1
16/4/60 David Leslie Harris St Georges Square (doctor?)
1961 Father rescued it for me, aged 17, from the back of Westminster Hospital car park where he had seen other cars scrapped, (but not with its supercharged {Ulster?} engine but with ordinary A7 engine).  The engine in log book was changed 16/4/60 so looks like M. J. Barnes could have been the one that swapped it for M78278. Original engine number was 142587.
The tow home to Loughton via the Mile End road, with Father at the wheel and me in passenger seat was cold and a little eventful.

Does anyone have race/event programs/competition results or any other information on this car/people?

The curvaceous body was achieved by welding strips of steel edge to edge!!!

Dennis