The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble sealing a Ruby windscreen
I fitted a new seal on the windscreen of Ruby about 3 years ago and at the time all seemed good, but the rubber no longer has any resilience or elasticity and now no longer seals the gaps around the screen, there is a clear gap virtually all the way around but is particularly bad in each of the four corners.
Searching back to the previous Bravenet days of this forum where there were posts with pics showing exactly the same problems that I have now.
Has anyone else had this problem in recent times and if so has anyone come up with a suitable solution??
Cheers
I use black self adhesive neoprene foam strip around the surface of the windscreen aperture of the car body. When you then close the windscreen it clamps onto the neoprene foam strip.
John
Hi John, sorry if this is dumb question but is that in addition to the screen seal or instead of?
Cheers
Denis, there is a product called Armor All, I’m not sure whether you can still get it but it revitalised and protects rubber, Ive used it in the past to great effect.
As well as. The  rubber seal fixed around the frame, seals against the neoprene foam. It is possible to fit the neoprene foam, so that it is barely visable with the windscreen shut.
John
Thanks John
My early Ruby has the original rubber surround and has large gaps. I have found that it just doesn't matter. Through flow ventilation!
I’d probably feel the same way but we’re going on the centenary round trip tour to France Belgium and Germany, not sure her indoors and navigator in chief will be too pleased with a few gallons of water being dumped on her lap during any inclement weather………. ???