The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wing looking for a Chump
Advert on ebay:    
There are many of these sad items appearing as youngsters are trying to clear out family members stored parts after they have passed away or gone into care. Our club spares scheme is dealing with several calls per month to clear spares collections under these circumstances. 

I think there will continue to be a market for the desirable items but parts like empty axle cases, gearboxes, faulty crankcases, +60 blocks and so on have become valueless unless you are an eBay spiv!
I am sure that is the case.  However, it was the wording in this advert that happened to catch my attention...

Attached Files
.jpg   Advert 2.jpg (Size: 36.94 KB / Downloads: 337)
I have a few crankshafts for chumps. Sadly I was chump enough to pay for them before I had a tin of crack testing fluid.... have rejected some subsequently and it was the seller who was not overjoyed.
I have various three-bearing crank door-stops. Seems he meant 'Chummy' - though there was a 4WD Austin 'Chump' after the war?
Champ....