The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A German Ruby
Helmut has just posted this on Facebook. A Willys Overland Crossley

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The driver looks a bit Butch!  The wheels look to be 19" script centre type?
(01-02-2022, 12:30 PM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: The driver looks a bit Butch!  The wheels look to be 19" script centre type?
 One wonders if they bought a job lot of old stock from Austin (the wheels, that is) - or might they be the owner's retrofit?
Can anyone date the clothing; it looks like a 1950s photo to me, so the 19" wheels, missing starting handle and twin wipers may not be a clue to originality.
(01-02-2022, 12:57 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Can anyone date the clothing; it looks like a 1950s photo to me, so the 19" wheels, missing starting handle and twin wipers may not be a clue to originality.

Anne says that it could indeed have been taken in the late 1940s to the early 1950s; the dress looks to be the sort that her mother was sewing from Butterick patterns at the time.
Bobby Socks were very popular in the '50s and I did wonder whether the area to the left in the photo was a bomb site.
Eeh, them were the days, bobby socks and bomb-sites!
Very different form the anorexic souls in the adverts. I was a neat fit in the bucket seats at 11 stone and 6 foot.