The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A charming "vintage" advertisement
A charming "vintage" advertisement. Mocked up and 'modernised'. Can you guess the year?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

He might not meet the height criterion for a Seven but together they will certainly meet the weight specification.His favourite girl. He could get to the limit quicker than with the 9 stone fatties.

1917?
Love that line!
The Type 65 would suggest 1934.
(20-01-2022, 10:11 AM)daveg Wrote: The Type 65 would suggest 1934.
It's a bit more complicated - I changed the car to an A7, but left the rest (apart from removing the date).
I reckon Bob's not far off; I'll go a little later, say 1919-1920.
Just a bit later than that - 1923/4?
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
The aeroplane looks very early, 1914 or earlier. But surprised many motor mags at that stage. He seems to be wearing some military uniform. That it incorporates another mag suggest wartime austerity. I guess can be in the military at any time which widens scope enormously. He could even be a 1913 chauffeur taking his employers daughter for a spin'. The original car might have been a Silver Ghost
On further deep reflection (while doing the dishes) he could be a US chauffeur and the original car one of those many hyper expensive obscure US makes aviailable just pre and post WW1( Dagmar, Richelieue, Thomas. Haynes etc)
I think its pre WW1. The aircraft is an early monoplane. Perhaps 1910. The woman's dress and hat don't look like twenties, more like late Edwardian.

Erich in Mukilteo
I agree with Erich. Late Edwardian but that does not mean we are both correct.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.