The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fabric Saloon Unrestored
From a post on Facebook. I've arranged them in columns - to get the enlarged images click and click again, then scroll down.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Absolutely splendid!

A “sympathetic” renovation would be a challenge, but not impossible.
What a lovely reference point for restorers. I wonder what its future is? to preserve or restore? One of the very rare occasions when I would rather see it in a museum than fully restored and anything in between would be challenging.
(17-01-2022, 10:34 AM)Peter Naulls Wrote: What a lovely reference point for restorers. I wonder what its future is? to preserve or restore? One of the very rare occasions when I would rather see it in a museum than fully restored and anything in between would be challenging.

I thought that it would be a good idea to save them; finding things on Facebook can be 'challenging' - if not impossible. Took a while to do, but well worth it.
Where do you start with a car like this? I think it would be a challenging restoration even for an experienced person. The big advantage must be that so much survives.
(17-01-2022, 10:51 AM)Tony Griffiths Wrote:
(17-01-2022, 10:34 AM)Peter Naulls Wrote: What a lovely reference point for restorers. I wonder what its future is? to preserve or restore? One of the very rare occasions when I would rather see it in a museum than fully restored and anything in between would be challenging.

I thought that it would be a good idea to save them; finding things on Facebook can be 'challenging' - if not impossible. Took a while to do, but well worth it.

Well, poaching from a small private group specifically to look at issues around original detail - hardly lost, Tony! 
I think I might have asked the original poster if you'd wanted they put in public... or at least given some credit?
(17-01-2022, 11:37 AM)JonE Wrote:
(17-01-2022, 10:51 AM)Tony Griffiths Wrote:

Well, poaching from a small private group specifically to look at issues around original detail - hardly lost, Tony! 
I think I might have asked the original poster if you'd wanted they put in public... or at least given some credit?
Credit was given - it's on Facebook. Anything on Facebook is public and there to be shared. One can always go to the original post if more details are required. Searching on Facebook is nigh-on impossible and I've saved and stored lots of very interesting pictures and information on all sorts of subjects. I find that attempts to locate past posts on Facebook usually prove - unless very recent - impossible.
This car is on the DVLA records, with a new V5C issued in 2014.
I have just entered Austin 7 FK4274 on facebook and a blue fabric FK4274 appears,that has been restored???
(17-01-2022, 01:10 PM)Bill Dixon Wrote: I have just entered Austin 7 FK4274 on facebook and a blue fabric FK4274 appears,that has been restored???
From the appearance of the "before restoration" pictures and the two comments that accompanied it, they do seem to have been taken some time ago. The restoration will have been a considerable achievement.

(17-01-2022, 01:10 PM)Bill Dixon Wrote: I have just entered Austin 7 FK4274 on facebook and a blue fabric FK4274 appears,that has been restored???
From the appearance of the "before restoration" pictures and the two comments that accompanied it, they were been taken some time ago. The restoration will have been a considerable achievement.