The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
computer guidance please
I came to these computer thingies very late and without any guidance. So my lawyer can check the wording at leisure I often used to type longer Forum contributions elsewhere then transfer.  The text was preceded by a lot of formatting gobbledygook which I deleted. But now, at least for longer pieces, I find the required text part depicted just as straight ruled lines. Any advice?
If you are using windows, use Notepad. This uses pure text without any formatting. Don't know about Mac or Linux.
Bob, are you using a PC or a MAC - and which program are you using to write.
Thanks fellahs
I use a 10 year old PC, Windows 7 and Microsoft Word. Where and what Notebook is I dunno. 
Younger generations spent their youth to middle age playing with computers instead of Austin Sevens and are way ahead of me.

(It occurred that fellahs is possibly a local joke. It is common for  maori young men to address any group as "yous fellahs")
Your Windows 7 computer will have Notepad installed, its included with all versions of Windows and is a basic text editor that uses only ASCII text. ASCII is the same text standard used by this forum and many others.

Notepad wont give you the spell, grammar or legal liability checks Windows does but worth a try is typing out in Word, copying this text to notepad to convert to to ASCII, then copying to this forum.

Alternatively try selecting different fonts and text formatting options in Word until you find something the forum software finds more palatable to convert to ASCII.
Thanks Mark and all

Found Notepad
As with Sevens never too old to learn.
Who knows I might be posting diags and photos next.

Somewhere I have another article from months ago to be used; all I have to do is find it...
I promise not to inflict all my car club writings from 1975.

Thanks again