The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Contact for Rinsey Mills
As a member of the Cambridge A7 club I am preparing various displays for the Centenary celebrations in July. I want to discuss the possibility of obtaining High Resolution pictures from Rinsey Mills Book 'Original Austin 7'. However in these days of confidentiality I cannot find how to contact him. If anyone can put him in touch with me via a 'private chat' that would be most helpful. Rinsey, maybe you are reading this!!!
Thanks in advance, Nick Mayne
The book was originally published by Bay View Books in Devon - I note the title is now on Herrdidge and Sons' site here: https://www.herridgeandsons.com/original-austin-seven

They may well have a contact for him, if they have taken over the publishing rights.
I bought a few original slides that had some of the Rinsey outtakes on - which car are you after? I may have digitised them somewhere.
Talk to Nick Turley. His cars are featured and he may well be able to help. The book credits Paul Debois with some of the photographs. If you google him, his contact details are on his web site.

Steve
I've written letters to authors, in a stamped unaddressed unsealed envelope enclosed in an envelope with a covering letter letter to the book publishers and always received a reply from the author.
I know him fairly well my car being in the book,the chummy on top the gate which he arranged for the driver at the time to come over and view the restored car they gave me a large picture of the said event but from a different angle the car and pic will be at moreton all being well
I will try to contact him over the week end and see if he’s interested in me passing on his details I will try but no guarantee’s he now lives in south Devon and used to live up here in North Devon
Jeff Blight Bideford
Thanks, I have sent them an email request, Nick
Thanks for that Jeff. The Cambridge Club are preparing (hopefully a room full!) of material about Austin 7s abroad covering the German, French, Australian, American and tenuously Japanese involvement. My particular task is to cover the German connection and I already have excellent support from Germany one contact bringing his Dixie to the event.
However I am producing a summary display board with typical UK Austin 7s at the top, pictures of Sir Herbert and hopefully his manufacturing plant all 'arrowed' down to a single picture for each of the 5 foreign companies Austins. Other club members will be expanding on the remaining 'foreign' involvement. The high res pictures I would like are for the typical A7s including a Ruy, Box Saloon, Chummy and maybe a sports model .... just for my top line. I could include my own 1932 van. It is hard to say yet how large we want to enlarge pictures but possibly only to say 0.4 by 0.3 meters - the size of my monitor screen! I have no objection on my email address nickbomayne@tiscali.co.uk being passed on as it is public anyway.
Hoping you can get a response, Nick

Just a Ruby, Box Saloon, Chummy and a Sports model of some kind. See my response to 'Jeff' below to better understand what I hope to do. Sure let me know hat you have that I can use.
Thanks, Nick

Jon, seems that I cannot reply to individuals so my response is in the main post!

Thanks to Steve and Dave I will follow up your suggestions. For Jeff the story of the upturned car does not fit with what our club are producing but it is a great story especially as you will have it at the rally? I will talk to our secretary who is also national secretary as I would have though that someone else would like to display that picture and story.
Very intrigued that the pranged Seven still exists. Could not have been worth much at the time. Now for older cars if an air bag goes off it is the end. Will we be treated to the full story somewhere? Some will not know the pic. Is it permissible to repeat here?
I find quite the most chilling aspect of Sevens is that the Germans used Dixis for perfecting panzer blitzkrieg techniques. Maybe it is what led the Brits to believe a 2 pdr anti tank gun would suffice.