The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamo warning lamp wiring
Can anyone comment if I have the wiring correct on the warning lam?  On the back of the switch I have an orange  wire from the IG terminal to the side of the lamp. The other wire runs from the top of the lamp to the D+ terminal.  The warning lamp is one I recently purchased from Jamie at the 7 Workshop. I may have the 2 wires switched. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

According to the well-known wiring diagram  https://aus7in.files.wordpress.com/2015/...wiring.jpg you have the right wires going to the light. If it makes any difference which way round they are, I don't know. Perhaps you can help me - how did you remove the old unit? It appears to be held by some sort of strong circular spring in a groove.
Hi

That wiring looks correct.

Assuming that the lamp has a standard filament bulb, it doesn't matter which way round it's wired.

To answer Tony's question, the original lamps are entered from the front of the panel. Then from behind, you have to slip on a coil spring and cup washer. Finally, there is a "U" shaped spring clip made of square section steel. This slides in sideways into grooves each side of the bakelite body, and retains the coil spring in a compressed state of about half its free length. All a bit fiddly and much easier if the panel is out on the bench rather than in the car !
(12-01-2022, 12:07 PM)John Cornforth Wrote: Hi

That wiring looks correct.

Assuming that the lamp has a standard filament bulb, it doesn't matter which way round it's wired.

To answer Tony's question, the original lamps are entered from the front of the panel.  Then from behind, you have to slip on a coil spring and cup washer.  Finally, there is a "U" shaped spring clip made of square section steel.  This slides in sideways into grooves each side of the bakelite body, and retains the coil spring in a compressed state of about half its free length.  All a bit fiddly and much easier if the panel is out on the bench rather than in the car !
Thank you, John. You are right about removing it with the panel out, but even then the U-shaped part is very difficult to get to on mine - and on mine it's really tight against the "cup washer". What a strange and over-complex arrangement it is!
Actually found the problem.  Bulb was burned out.  Thanks for every ones  advice .  Arnie