The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby radiator, bonnet and cowl fixing bolt.
Can anyone confirm whether there's a stepped bolt that is used at the junction between the radiator, cowl and bonnet stay on the jewel cars? If so, can anyone post a picture of the bolt?

Asking for a friend!
Yes, there is a stepped bolt on mine - but I don't have a picture, sorry - or even a description, and it is v. cold and dark out there at the moment.

Correction: Having had a closer look at the item in question, it is comprised of four different sections in one - at the bottom, a threaded portion to connect to the radiator, then a short length with a larger hexagonal section so it can be held for tightening of similar proportions to a nut, then above that a cylindrical portion before a second threaded bit that allows the stay to be attached - so a bespoke item for which a drawing would be useful.
Thanks Colin. It's not that pleasant here either. It would be very interesting to see what it looks like, but I am happy to wait until the summer if necessary. The bolt and washers in mine are perfectly fine... 

But I was asking for a friend...
This is what it looks like (through the Hubble telescope?) when bolted onto the radiator. Correction: The lower thread is 5/16"BSF, the central hexagon 3/8"BSF or (5/16"BSW) in size and 1/4" deep with another 1/4" vertical cylinder above to make the spacing 1/2" overall, and the top thread is 5/16"BSF and just long enough to take a nut.
.jpg   Radiator Connector Bolt.jpg (Size: 51.22 KB / Downloads: 142)
Thank you Colin, that does look interesting... does it have two different threads or nuts top and bottom?
Having looked at the threads, rather than the bottom nut size - they are both 5/16"BSF top and bottom, with the intermediate hexagon being 3/8"BSF (or 5/16"BSW if you prefer).