The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel pipe diameter
I'm currently sorting out the items required to make up the fuel line from the shut off tap to the Bronze Zenith Carb on my AD type seven.  I need to order the copper fuel tubing for this.

So... is the tubing 5/16" or 1/4" diameter?  I'm thinking 5/16 but would like to get confirmation on this.  Would three feet be sufficient to include the vibration loop or should I get four feet?

Thanks for indulging all these basic questions.
Cheers,
Stephen
Available from A7 stockists
Jim
Hi Steve

It’s 1/4” and as Jim says the Cherished suppliers stock it along with the 1/4” nipples and BSP thread nuts that fit the tap and float entry.

I seem to remember that 3’ was about enough for my RK but only just enough. Probably safer to get 4’.

Cheers

Howard
Thank you Howard.
You probably know that the vibration loop should be horizontal and not vertical like some you see.

Dennis
Yes I do, but I don't know the diameter of the pipe as it was originally.
Stephen
Can anyone confirm if the pipe is 1/4 inch diameter ?
Thanks,
Stephen
Hi Steve,

I'm very close to getting my car running, and I've been a bit naughty, fitting dash 4 aeroquip hose for the fuel hose from rear tank to mechanical pump. I measured the old copper pipe, which was around 3/16" internal diameter. Dash 4 hose is close to this (5.4mm ID).

Hopefully someone will confirm that this is the correct bore size.

All the best,
Colin
The outside diameter of the ancient copper pipe on my car is 1/4".
BSP, British Standard Pipe, threads are specified by the bore of the pipe. This can be a bit confusing.
I don't know if the Outside Diameter of the pipe is specified.
My guess is the bore is specified as that is the parameter that determines fluid flow through the pipe.
Jim