The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
conrod bolt torque
good question Robert, the connecting rod says PDE11

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

PDE = Phoenix Development Engineering.
Thank you Charles; now it makes sense.
Hi,
To be safe contact Phoenix and ask them.
The E on the head of the bolt is a designation that ARP use for that type of bolt head.
The reason to contact Phoenix
is to get there recommendation regarding applying the torque  dry or with lubricant
it does make a big difference 
HADLEY Recommend Dry 
ARP generally Lubricated

Colin
NZ
As Charles and others have kindly pointed out I am referring to ARP bolts not regular grade 5/16" big end bolts or other A7 studs/bolts of the same size.
Black Art Enthusiast
(04-12-2021, 05:59 PM)ThomasSwiss Wrote: good question Robert, the connecting rod says PDE11

Thomas

What's the crankcase in the picture please?

Thanks

Charles
As this topic will come up on search perhaps should extend further. The stress on a conrod bolt is proportional to the revs squared. Non sports models driven as intended seldom reach 4,000 rpm and valve bounce sets in well before 5,000 so the sutuation is very different from 7000 rpm racers.
The 1250cc sv Minx, geared  as the Seven, many of which were held at 60 mph, and with long heavy pistons and long stroke have 5/16 bolts tightend to 16 to 20 lbs ft.
One problem is that few are now accustomed to regular use of normal spanners. Unless held carefully ratchet drives can easily apply excessive pressure.
Charles

the crankcase is a 10 stud casting from the 90s

Thomas
(05-12-2021, 12:51 PM)ThomasSwiss Wrote: Charles

the crankcase is a 10 stud casting from the 90s

Thomas

Thanks. I thought so. 
Probably a Richard Hutchings casting.
Having machined one new 10 stud casting, and with two unmachined ones on the shelf, I take a keen interest!

Best wishes

Charles