The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DVLA Registration Numbers Auction
Knowing how popular the reassignment of registration numbers is amongst us, how about these two? One, of course, is genuine...

Attached Files
.jpg   oldgit.jpg (Size: 238.38 KB / Downloads: 297)
A7 is on a 1900 Daimler; perhaps we should all chip in and buy the other one for Tony, I'm sure he'd appreciate it  Big Grin
A7 was first registered to a Willoughby Hyett Dickinson of Kensington, one of the " great and good ". A Liberal MP, awarded the DSO for a bombing raid over Constantinople in WW1 and enobled in 1930 to Baron Dickinson. This 1900 Daimler was supposedly owned originally by King Edward V11, when Prince of Wales, before vehicle registration, later bought by a Lord Hastings in 1901, selling it in 1904. Later acquired by the Daimler Company and presented to the Queen in the '60s. The car had various registration numbers but had A7 restored back to it in November '71. It now formed part of the Queen's Collection and can be viewed at Sandringham.
What a shame to take it off the car!
I had the same happen to me when I sold a 1904 Humberette which had had registration C135 for over 100 years.
Next time we saw the registration is was on a modern and the Humberette was sporting a DS number.
(03-12-2021, 04:05 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: A7 is on a 1900 Daimler; perhaps we should all chip in and buy the other one for Tony, I'm sure he'd appreciate it  Big Grin

Which tony.

Or are we sharing  Big Grin