The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street life
Frith Street, Soho, 1948

Wow
This is 48 Frith Street, the ground commercial Fava Restaurant is now Lobos Tapas. Next door Istanbul Restaurant 47 Frith Street is now Ronnie Scott's.
It use to be a two way street, now one way street from Shaftesbury Avenue to Soho Square.
THe Istanbul Restaurant was at 12 Frith Street.
This pic is looking south from the Square end down to Shaftesbury Avenue.
Ronnie Scott's is down the street on the right, opposite Bar Italia.
There are more vacant curbside parking spaces there than I saw in the whole of South England when visited 10 years ago. I retain a photo of one I did see.
Now, what are the chances of that? For no particular reason I had earmarked that pic for December's Picture of the Month - Tony Griffiths came up with that shot, found on Facebook several months ago!
Hasn't an almost identical photo, maybe without the 7 taking centre stage, been featured in a fairly recent post seeking to locate a particular Austin 7 related business?
if it is a UN registration. The car is a long way from where it was registered.
(29-11-2021, 11:11 AM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: if it is a UN registration. The car is a long way from where it was registered.

I think the street cleaners are gathering for breakfast at the Fava. There is another sweeping into view in distance.
In this country parking the wrong way around earns a ticket, but we do not have as many labarynthic lanes as UK. 
Before driving in UK I did read thru the highway code but the parking rules remained a puzzle. I wonder how many tourists make any effort at all. The ones that dont here suffer severe dents in their credit cards from the unmarked radar detectors, including mobile.
I believe most tourists when driving in an unfamiliar county make an effort Bob, to say otherwise is a very big generalisation and say's far more about your prejudices than the reality of the situation. We get the occasional news item where a tourist makes a mistake and is involved in a serious accident, and yes occasionally there is someone who blatantly ignores NZ laws but that is not restricted to Tourists. If you check facts you will find far more New Zealanders break our road code than overseas visitors do.
Black Art Enthusiast