The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby main-beam warning light
Does Anne have the world's only Ruby with a main-beam warning light? The fuel gauge is arranged to turn red when the scenery-melting LEDs come on.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ah... you lied to us... it wasn't a 25w map reading light at all... it was one of Anne's newfangled headlights... 1937 though? They must have borrowed a DeLorean, or stolen it from the GEC Hirst research centre... No wonder they look so furtive! 

Well done though. I'd thought of doing the same but hadn't considered putting the tell-tale next to the blue plastic window of another gauge...
(28-11-2021, 01:14 AM)Nick Lettington Wrote: Ah... you lied to us... it wasn't a 25w map reading light at all... it was one of Anne's newfangled headlights... 1937 though? They must have borrowed a DeLorean, or stolen it from the GEC Hirst research centre... No wonder they look so furtive! 

Well done though. I'd thought of doing the same but hadn't considered putting the tell-tale next to the blue plastic window of another gauge...

I used a tiny 6-volt LED (though a 12-volt might have been less startlingly bright) that, rather handily, just poked through a small hole in the blue plastic window of the fuel gauge. The wire was fastened using a cable tie to a convenience point.
The bulb used is a 3mm type, something like this -

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice idea, but I bet it will get right on your breasticles if you use the main beam often enough...
You need to do something with the speedo illumination, though  Smile
On my RP, I have simply wired the dip switch so that , in the down position it is dipped and in the up position it is main. A quick feel of the switch tells me which beam I am on. However, on standard lamps, no one has flashed me if I forget to dip my lights yet!
Ruby dip switch is on the floor.
Jim
I've done the same as David.
(28-11-2021, 09:21 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: You need to do something with the speedo illumination, though  Smile

It does work - but hidden by the wheel in the pictures. I made the mistake of using bright-white LEDs behind the panel, so the light looks anything but authentic. I will change them - when the bulbs fail at 60,000 hours.....
My panel lights are also LED. It's nice to finally be able to read the gauges at night... one thing I find really odd is the glow in the bulbs when the battery is disconnected. I hope it's the capacitor in the distributor, not the car slowly disoving and generating its own electricity...