The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LHD Headlights.
Good morning, we are preparing our Boat tail (Percie) for his CT (French MOT) and are having problems finding decent Lucas 700 style headlights in LHD.
Could anyone please advise a supplier, pref not Indian/Chinese rubbish. We have a friend who can bring them over so delivery will be to UK. Thankyou for any help you can give. Charlie.
PS. It should pass as we have garlic hanging for an air freshener
Is this ContrĂ´le Technique with a view to registering the car in France as a "voiture de collection? Do you have your attestation from the FFVE?

If so I'm not sure that there is any difference between UK RHD lights and LHD lights for this period of car. Mine (RHD) had no problems. I would advise that you take the car to a CT centre where the tester knows what he's doing with a car of this age. There are certain aspects of the CT which exempt the vehicle due to its cable brakes and spoked wheels - don't let a tester near your car if he wants to put it on the rolling road brake tester and tell him to read his tester's guide before he gets his hands on it.

Email me if you need any help.

For advice re your headlamps talk to Stuart Joseph.
Land Rovers used 700 style headlamps, there's a fair few of those in use in Europe. Any of the spares suppliers should have LHD units to suit.

What style of bulb mounting would you want? most modern replacements will have the H4 Halogen type, earlier ones would have the 'Pre Focus' style bulb seating.
Would I be right in thinking you are Limousin/Charente based? If so take it to the Autosur garage at St Junien - they know exactly what they are doing and will not put the car anywhere near brake rollers etc. A visual inspection of the vehicle is all that needs to be done. I wouldn't worry about LHD lights, ours passed its CT with just a cursory check that they worked. As we only have aero screens a humorous request for windscreen wipers was answered with a handy cloth, which was deemed entirely acceptable!
If I'm wrong with the area, ignore all that!
Bon courage