The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson Telegauge fuel gauge?
We have got one in the light 12, it doesn’t work just fills the hole in the dash. I think Dad and Bob years ago tried sucking it or something to make it work! Good job nothing ever happened then if it’s poisonous!
The same system was widely used on American cars including Ford and Buick - there is lots of information if you Google 'King Seeley'.
(22-11-2021, 09:01 AM)JFaulknerUlsterRep Wrote: We have got one in the light 12, it doesn’t work just fills the hole in the dash. I think Dad and Bob years ago tried sucking it or something to make it work! Good job nothing ever happened then if it’s poisonous!

Joe, that could explain alot though Big Grin
I have a vague memory that someone did a very good complete article on rebuilding the complete system and think it may have been on a Riley Register website (for a Riley 9).

Dennis
Perhaps you're thinking of the Austin Ten Drivers Club Fact Sheet "Austin Fuel Tanks and Senders" Dennis?
It has a couple of pages on the Hobson Telegage.
Mike: Yes, now you mention it I think it was a K-S refurbishing page I came across.