The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
big 7 ?
Could those with more experience than I have please look at this ebay car? Is any of it from a big seven? I think it's mk2 Ruby.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165189892201?...Swmf5hlp2d

The vendor is saying it is 900cc on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=4748...2033402413
Hi Andrew

Looks like a Ruby to me too!

Cheers

Howard
From the limited detail pictures I cant see anything Big7 it is a normal A7 engine so not 900cc it could have 80+ oversize pistons making it 800cc.
Black Art Enthusiast
Hi

DVLA list it as 858 cc.  At some stage when records were computerised, many 747 cc A7s were incorrectly given this engine size so the error is quite common.

As far as I know 858 cc doesn't correspond to any known SV or later OHV Austin engine, so it must have been a figment of the DVLA's imagination.
Hi everyone,
The links above to face book and eBay took me to a 1936 Cambridge Special which is listed on the A7CA chassis register as such with body make being LM Williams.
DVLA seem to confirm the general description and that the car is currently on SORN with 858 cc engine which isn't too untypical from when things went digital back in the day. I remember trying to register a special 40 odd years ago which came back as "8 wheeled motorbike" at first although they did manage to correct this eventually.
Not sure if that helps or not?...
Best wishes,
Nick
Good old DVLA-I once owned the world's only E type Jaguar delivery van. I believe the common error concerning 850cc Sevens came about because some early Minis were called Austin sevens and the computer system failed to distinguish.
It wasn't the computer system that failed to distinguish between our Sevens and the Mini Sevens; it was the human input when the old records were being computerised. At the time I had several Sevens and had to return all the new registration documents for correction.
Registered 1936, didn't the Big Seven arrive in 1937?
Not Big 7 in any part. Looks all Ruby running gear.