The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lessons in patience
Ok... So this is how I saw it... Im driving along at 30 in a 30 limit and yet another twit in a modern overtakes when he doesn't need to. He hovers about then pulls in front then eases back forcing me to slow, pulls across to another lane to turn right and slows again... As I draw level, he changes his mind (indicates) and pulls back in front of me. A theatrical blast from the klaxon does little to vent my annoyance as I am forced to brake a second time to allow him space to get back in... We stop 100 yards later at the next lights and I take the opportunity to hop out and peer in through his driver's door window... What kind of idiot are you? Don't you think you need to show me the same respect as any other motorist? 

Then I get back in...

He probably only wanted to give his family a better look at the quaint little old car...

So I'm looking for recommendations for an anger management therspist in Essex. Undecided Big Grin Confused Sad
I CARRY A HAMMER AND OFTEN SHOW IT TO RUDE DRIVERS..... I DO KEEP FROM ACTUALLY THROWING IT. BUT DO SOMETIMES SHAKE IT 

PERHAPS WE COULD GET A GROUP DISCOUNT
Man who loses temper, loses argument.
Confucius

He too is truly nearer to God who knows how to be silent, even when he is right.
Cato

Mind you, I like the hammer idea.
Brucius
He who knows how to be silent, even when he is right is also probably less likely to get shot by an irate drug-addled motorist.

Has anyone tried the bulletproof sidescreens yet?
Ignore - they won’t change.

Pull further back, enjoy the view, smile - you are in the fun car and life is good!
(14-01-2018, 08:54 PM)JonE Wrote: He who knows how to be silent, even when he is right is also probably less likely to get shot by an irate drug-addled motorist.

Has anyone tried the bulletproof sidescreens yet?

Yes. It was terifying... Then I remembered to open them before taking aim!
(14-01-2018, 09:03 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Ignore - they won’t change.

Pull further back, enjoy the view, smile - you are in the fun car and life is good!

Rory, your such a wise young man.
(14-01-2018, 09:51 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote:
(14-01-2018, 09:03 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Ignore - they won’t change.

Rory, your such a wise young man.

He is not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

R drives his Chummy so fast NO ONE ever overtakes him.

I know Ive tried to keep up with him in his Pearl.
You had the handbrake on Stuart!
And I thought I had problems?

It doesn't only happen in little old cars.

I was out the other day in the big red truck, you would have thought that's easy enough to see,

I pulled out to overtake around 20 parked cars with nothing coming the other way. By the time I had got past 5 I could see a large 4 wheel drive coming the other way. "She" hadn't got to the parked cars yet, and refused to stop. She ended up swerving her car onto the pavement. Lucky nobody useing it. 

I stopped and opened the window to point out her mistakes, okay perhaps not so politely. To find she beet me to it with a trail of expletives I normally only her from the misses.

Even tracy points out there are far to many women who can't drive.

My advise is do what ever it takes to reduce your own temper, and raise others.

Tony.