The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter approaches
As the jet stream has been deflected by all the hot air from COP26, it's beginning to cool down. Look forward to storming icy hills in your A7 - leaving the wide-tyred moderns in your wake.
Click the picture for a copy at a higher resolution. The original picture is below.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   churchford.jpg (Size: 104.29 KB / Downloads: 338)
'Morning Minister, just testing the optional heater in my new Austin 7. Cool
How do you do that !  Huh
Tony P,     you bend over to the passenger side footwell, turn the knob to open the vent through the firewall. An air tube to the radiator provides a paltry warm flow.  Turning on the 6v fan makes negligible difference hence the need to test. Nice to have but we never use it.
Ho! Ho! I meant of course the transformation of the Ford into an Austin !
The vicar is blessing the Seven steering arm.
Or he is waiting to observe the ladies exit from the back seat.
I see the art department are at again, can't decide whether it's an RN or RP. If you have the plates fitted between the body and chassis under the carburetor it gets quite warm in a Seven.
Dave, it's one of the very rare interim models, the RO  Big Grin
(19-11-2021, 05:55 AM)Tony Press Wrote: Ho! Ho! I meant of course the transformation of the Ford into an Austin !

Well, it's just magic, of course, and one day, when AI is advanced, you'll just be able to say, "Photoshop, change that Ford into an Austin seven and put a sunset sky in." And, hey presto, it will happen. Unfortunately, at the moment, you have to do it the boring way by taking a picture of a Seven and carefully cutting it out in Photoshop and then, by messing with colour, contrast and blur, trying to match the overall picture "texture". Remove the image of what's being replaced and extend by 'copy and paste' the background into the now blank section. Drop the new car into the picture, make it sit as well as possible and mock-up the ground on which it stands by adding shadows, etc. Improving the usually bland sky can be difficult if trees and branches are involved - and often takes ages to get an acceptable result. Yes, there are all sorts of magic shortcuts and options in the full version of Photoshop, but most of these are limited in effectiveness and sheer boring handwork is often the only solution. I'm no expert at this - you should see what a full-time professional can achieve!
The proud Austin Seven owner is showing everybody that he has a garage for his car. Not a snowflake on it.

John Mason.
P.s. I suppose Tony Griffiths esquire will no doubt magic a little snow to fall.
Well done Tony.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.