The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear axle diff seals
I wondered if anyone had an easy way of putting the spring retainer into each half of the diff casings on  the D type axles. I'm using a modern seal and a thin O ring under the seal cup . I use a length of threaded bar to pull the plate on the seal and the assembly bellow the retaining spring groove , but i always have a battle getting the spring clip in.

Normal involves many screwdrivers and not enough hands.
Much the same experience here - screwdrivers, pliers and patience. And watch it doesn't ping out into your eye....
I use large (48mm) circlips and big circlip pliers. I've got some spares if it helps. Just PM me and I'll put a couple in the post. Smile
Thanks  for replies.
I have two 1.5mm cross section O rings on the way from ebay. I am hoping that they will reduce the fight to get the clips in . I've also made a device like a small piston ring compressor from some shimming and a jubilee clip. 

If I fail I may get back to you Martin , and take you up on your kind offer.
Managed to get it together in the end. I used a 2mm section 39mm ID O ring under the seal cup in the end. And four hands , a length of 1/2" whit stud bar and a vice.

Thanks for circlip offer though.