The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collection of high-end Austin Sevens for sale including a Supercharged Ulster
Your choice, ladies and gentlemen: Supercharged Ulster, 1928 Sports 2-seater, Wydor and Mulliner saloons and a Swallow Sports Coupe. Or, for the price of the Ulster, take away six 1928 Chummies.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-11-2021, 10:17 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: Your choice, ladies and gentlemen: Supercharged Ulster, 1928 Sports 2-seater, Wydor and Mulliner saloons and a Swallow Sports Coupe. Or, for the price of the Ulster, take away six 1928 Chummies.

Or for slightly more than the blown Ulster, a second hand Ruby.
more of these please Tony..!

I know that David Howe has been doing research on Ulsters from mag advertising, but things like the mention of 'green' for that TT, with its spec and date (at 2nd or third owner), are tremendously useful for making links... I'll lift for the Ulster archive site if you can tell me the mag...
Reading through the advert. There seems to be an obsession on condition of tyres.
'Its a total shed, but a lovely set of tyres'
Interesting to see the Nippy in Black with Red leather; not a colour scheme that is common today.
I like the fact that one of them has "good tyres, 3 new".

I'm wondering if the Ulster TT is in fact what we would know today as a TT or is "just" a normal Ulster?

It's only a few years after they ran in the TT races.
Half a dozen 1928 Chummies, very good condition, £56.70.
A maroon Wydor, from 1930. More than that, a choice of SIX 1930 Wydors. Were they all maroon?

Yes, I know this one is green.
Thank you Tony, It’s nice to know my humble Ruby is worth more than a Blown Ulster. (Well at least at one time.) Perhaps the blown refers to it being blown out and in need of loads of money being spent on it.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Interesting that the sports was referred to as an 'Ulster' in 1937.   If it had been timed at 101mph, where would that have been done?  It certainly can't have lapped Brooklands at that speed.  One assumes that the timing must have been at a competition, so was there a straight line sprint where that sort of speed could have been achieved?   The other thought is sand racing but that usually reduces the top speed so it seems unlikely.
Over to you JonE!