The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Seven 7.992 h.p. - Cut-away drawing
Big Seven 7.992 h.p. - Cut-away drawing, 1937. Click the image for a high-resolution image.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What a lovely piece of artwork. I wonder how many hours went into that?
John Ferguson doesn't seem to have had many cutaway drawings published, but here's another one of his of the Ariel Square Four from 1938:

.jpg   1938-Ariel-Square-Four-Engine-4-G-by-John-Ferguson.jpg (Size: 234.3 KB / Downloads: 138)
(11-11-2021, 09:48 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: John Ferguson doesn't seem to have had many cutaway drawings published, but here's another one of his of the Ariel Square Four from 1938:
Fantastic work - I wish I could manage something a tenth as good.
I have a large book on tech dwg circa 1855. it has magnificent dwgs all formed by ruled lines but I have no idea how these were done or transferred to printing plates. 
I suppose i the 30s drawn large scale and reduced and plates printed by some photo process.

The Big 7 with flexible open chassis, mechanical brakes, and friction s.as. looks a bit basic cf the rival Morris 8. Has anyone compared? The Morris I rode in had a very pitchy motion, effectively  remedied in the very pleasant series E