The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucas ST38 Repro Lamps
Ive got some Lucas ST38 (Pork Pie) Repros on one of my cars. And I've been a numpty and lost one of the knurled screws that hold the bezel on. Ive been converting them to LED. Basically I've lost one of these:-

[Image: 254350218_10224479156340986_914366191192...e=61AD452B]

Anyone know of a supplier before I make one?. Or have one knocking about? 

Please only comment if its a genuine lead. I've rung round the obvious suppliers of these today which basically the answer was they buy them complete from china, and don't sell the fixing I've lost.

Many thanks in advance.
It may not be much help - but at least one of these would hold the lens on (assuming the thread to be metric, which it almost certainly will be):  https://www.accu.co.uk/777-security-torx...arrel-nuts
Or one of these: https://www.fastenright.com/products/gen...pWEALw_wcB
Various names seem to apply including "sleeve nuts", "barrel nuts", " Female Screws" and "Sex Bolts" - and I didn't make the last one up!
Hedd, Try Keith Ardley. At kieth@ardley8142.fsnet.co.uk. I have had these from him in the past. But BA thread.
and that email address is not a typo if you suspected it was....
Vintage supplies used to have them in stock along with other ST38 spare parts
Black Art Enthusiast
Similar though not identical - 4BA x 16mm - 8mm knurled head - fit D lamps etc.

https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/produc...ning-screw
Vintage car parts, Complete Automobilist. Paul Beck do not stock, that was my first call. Same goes with Holden. And Dynamo conversions. Ive also tried a ruck of Landrover spares people who sell the bits (glasses bezels etc). No joy. 

Tony, good shout. A pair of hex head ones would soon doctor to fit as a pair. I will identify the thread. 

Bill, thats the 2nd reference I've had for him. Ill try the email, the phone number I was quoted elsewhere didn't work. 

Jeff. Female thread required. 

Many thanks
Gone for some Barrell screws via Accu in stainless. 2 for the price of a beer and a chaser.

They were M4. I think they will be a nicer job than the originals.
(09-11-2021, 03:51 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: Gone for some Barrell screws via Accu in stainless. 2 for the price of a beer and a chaser.

They were M4. I think they will be a nicer job than the originals.

Make a couple, or more, and recover your costs - or have them on standby for when another "disappears" in 2036....
need to make a roof for the steam roller. No time to waste making things I can buy.