The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacng rear axle assembly
Thanks for the reply.  My car is a 32 RP. Rearend noise is very SCARY with lost of play. Farthest I have driven the car away from the garage is about a mile. Located a good chassis about a 100 miles away from me that was a miracle. Not to may spare parts in the USA. Chassis came with bare  block, bare aluminum case, transmission  rear end and all wheels for $700.
Appears that what I should be looking for is a used driveshaft from a June 1933 thru July 1934 high chassis. Anyone have one for sale or directions to someone who would lpossibly have a used one? Any help would be appreciated.
Arnie, you should be able to re-use your existing prop shaft (if serviceable) and simply swap over the drive flange on the axle pinion.

A popular mod is to fit a later, Hardy-Spicer type prop shaft. For these, new universal joints are readily available; or you can buy brand new shafts. To fit them you need to fit the appropriate drive flanges to axle & gearbox - which is quite easily done, if you can find the things at a reasonable price. (You might then find the front U/J touches the handbrake lever, but this it fairly easily remedied).
Thanks for the reply Chris. I will finish removing the rearend today and tomorrow. Then I can further evaluate my options.