The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F1/F2 use on CFR2 - anyone used the extra settings?
I was playing around yesterday with charging rate/running using a replacement 3ohm resistor for summer charge.
Even with third brush adjustment, it is all too easy to get 'not quite enough' or 'too much' charge using the single resistance, just to return a tiny net positive when pootling along.
Morris used the CFR2 two resistances to make a difference between Winter and lighting settings, by splitting F1 from F2 as the cutout allows (but Austin never used).
Has anyone tried it and if so, what resistances did you find suited your running?
Cars with 3 pstns were arranged for full charge with lights on only. Presumably otherwise considred excessive. At 8 to 10 amps max not a Seven problem.
Curiously the Ford 8 had no fiied resistors. must have been severe on batteries when well used. Motorists used to drive with lamps on to moderate charging.
Always wired my cars up to give the third, max charge on headlamps but it was in the years before LED bulbs and when I was using a Seven regularly at night. It's now been some years since I drove a Seven after dusk......