The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trials Tyres 2
'Morning Mr Scrute, sir. Why are the rear tyres currently wrapped up in blue workshop towel? Err, it's like this...
(31-10-2021, 08:41 PM)Steve kay Wrote: 'Morning Mr Scrute, sir. Why are the rear tyres currently wrapped up in blue workshop towel?  Err, it's like this...

This stuff works well (as it says on the can). However, it does not make the sidewalls more flexible.

I had a 25l tin of Morris 460 compounded bearing oil leak 90% of its contents onto the floor in the back of the works Astra van. At the time I thought it was just a bit on the surface and had cleaned that up. 

12months later one of the lads had cause to find the jack and found that the wheel well for the spare was 6 inches deep in oil, this was 2/3 of the way up the tread. I took the van home, drained and cleaned it all. One side of the spare was normal, the side that had been submerges was ever so supple. I didnt like it so had the tyre changed (at works expense!). The tyre fitter commented how one side was very flexible. the other normal.
Tyre softener always used to be banned for motorsport use. I’m not sure it would add anything to trials performance as the grip on mud and grass is generated by the tread pattern more than the rubber compound, I think.
Alan Fairless
Anyone know if the Anlas 4.00 x 18 is accepted by VSCC or MCC?
-Dirk
Dirk,
Just read the regs for this year’s Cotswold Trial and think that the Anlas 4.00 x 18 NR-SP would be accepted. It is used by several regulars on PWA7C trials run by the Tunbridge Wells Centre.
Alan
Many thanks Alan, I will check with MCC but i know their take on the stud pattern is similar to the other clubs, i.e. it can't be a knobbly/off-road tread pattern
I appear to have a set of lightly used Dunlop K70s in the garage in 19"+ one unused spare.
I bought a set of Blockleys while I was up at Moreton in Marsh last year so the Dunlops are spare.
We ran the Kendas in the Cotswolds trial. Running them at about 8psi seems to work best. The conditions were a tad on the slippy side.