The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centenary Prescott
Hi

I have purchased centenary tickets and put down on the form I will be at Prescott with 2 runs. It’s my understanding that the entry price is included in my centenary ticket and I pay the runs on the day.

Where I am confused is I have just seen a form the VSCC have showing the price is £40 for centenary entrants and I need to fill in a different form is this correct.

Does anyone else know what the entry procedure for Prescott is?
Hi Leaf,
The two runs you have asked for are for normal roadgoing Austin Sevens which will be parked in the Orchard. ( open to all Austin Sevens )
I have done the same and asked for two runs as my Buddy could not book any.

The other entry with the £40 price tag is for Austin Sevens with Motorsport History or currently used in motorsport. ( they must have an Austin Seven engine )
For this entry you get to park in the paddock and have two track day style demonstration runs, passengers allowed, crash helmets must be worn and arms covered.
This will be a full power run without any other cars close by, it is likely that two cars will be on the hill at once just like a hillclimb.
I do not know which version of the hill will be used, It will either be the older short course or the long course. It would be fun to use the crossover course but unlikely.
I believe that a few rare race cars are coming out of museums.
It would be fantastic to see the Rubber Duck racer over here.

I hope this helps.
I had assumed that the two runs I booked and which my son and I will drive(separately) for 5 quid each, were for an all out run up the hill in my Type 75. Is this not the case? I'd be extremely disappointed if I couldn't run the hill at speed after coming all the way from the PNW of the US. I had planned on bringing a fire suit and borrowing a brain bucket.

Erich in Mukilteo
Hi Elrich,

The pay on the day runs are for convoy driving.
If your car has any competition history the you can apply for the £ 40 Paddock entry.
This is a seperate entry to the main rally.

austin7festival@gmail.com       for competition car entries
I'm not aware of what competition history it may have though it is a Type 75, not Speedy. Does that mean no racing, but just driving up the hill? Obviously a rare car and one of the first to be restored.

Erich in Mukilteo
Hello Leaf and Eric,

Dickie65 has set out the organisation of the Austin 7 Centenary Festival at Prescott on 20th July 2022 very well indeed. This event has been organised as an extension to the Centenary Rally at the Fire Service College at Morton in Marsh to enable those who would like to see Sporting Austin 7s in their natural environment - on a track.
There is cost to using a world class venue of the standing of Prescott Hill Climb the event being run on a not for profit basis by a small team of volunteers the intention is that it will benefit our chosen charity, Parkinsons UK, of which we hope everyone will approve.
The event will be open to the public who can pay on the day at the gate and Rally entrants in their Austin 7 will enjoy free entry, reserved parking alongside the track in the Orchard and the option of a convoy run up the hill for a tiny fee of £5, payable in cash on the day but now sadly this facility is already full to capacity.

For the entertainment of everyone there will be a Paddock full of ‘sporting Austin 7 s’ covering the entire 100 year history of our wonderful little cars and these Austins will be paying an entry fee of £50 for the car and two people with a reduction to £40 for cars already booking into Morton-in-Marsh.
Paddock cars will get 2 untimed individual runs up the hill.
Bookings of places should be made directly to the Festival organisers at
Austin7festival@gmail.com
Places are still available and are filling up nicely.

In addition to catering and a Jazz Band we are delighted to announce that along with the many rare and historic cars taking part, we have just had confirmation that the two existing Twin Cams and the Sidevalve Team Cars will be appearing, probably the first time all three have been seen together for at least 50 years.
Perhaps someone can confirm when this last happened?

We hope this clarifies the situation and hope that everyone will join in making this a truly historic ‘once in a lifetime event’

Charlie Plain-Jones
for the The Austin 7 Centenary Festival Team
I think that the last time these three cars were running together was at the Chateau Impney hillclimb on 8th July 2018.
As all three of the surviving Ducks are now back in the UK and two of them were recently in running condition, are they going to be out for the centenary as well as the later single seaters?
Black Art Enthusiast
Twin Cam at Chateau Impney.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(29-10-2021, 05:40 AM)dickie65 Wrote: Hi Elrich,

The pay on the day runs are for convoy driving.
If your car has any competition history the you can apply for the £ 40 Paddock entry.
This is a seperate entry to the main rally.

austin7festival@gmail.com       for competition car entries

I'm trying to enter the Forrest Saloon in the competition car demonstration at Prescott but I get no response from 'austin7festival@gmail.com'.
Any suggestions?