The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 Head Gaskets
I am in need of both a low and high comp head gasket.  It seems as though there are several manufacturers of cylinder head gaskets. Who makes the best?  Are there any advantages of one manufacturer over another?

Any help is appreciated.
hi rg,

i dont think people would come forward for a thread calling one suppliers head gasket better than another.

but as the owner of 7 county austins, i dont mind telling you about our head gaskets.

we have taken an original high and low austin 7 head gasket. and had all new steel tooling made to produce the gaskets.

so they are exact to the original.

being a copy of the originals, stud holes are accurate. as is the thickness of the gaskets etc. however if people have blocks were the studs havent been replaced in the correct possition, due to helicoyles or stepped studs not being correctly centred. then the gasket will touch studs.

our gaskets like many nowadays are made overseas, to keep prices were the austin 7 world like to see them. 
we go through a leading UK supply company. who use manufacturers that have been approved by them for quality of production and materials used.
the gaskets are then quality checked again in the uk before we receive them. so we can offer a high quality product to the market at the best price. 

we have also recently produced the exhaust manifold gasket in a copper sandwich, identical to the original. as until now, only modern material replacements have been on offer.

tony.
Can I add to Tony’s last input on this thread. The gaskets he supplies are good but also are the ones for other cherished suppliers.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.