The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Wedding with an Austin theme
Many of you will know that Debs and I tied the knot in September. We have just had the 'official' photos and I thought you might like to see the ones that show how we used motoring bits for decorations etc. 

.jpg   Deb & Nick-29.jpg (Size: 123.2 KB / Downloads: 473)

.jpg   Deb & Nick-31.jpg (Size: 80.15 KB / Downloads: 472)

.jpg   Deb & Nick-46.jpg (Size: 107.99 KB / Downloads: 472)

.jpg   20210917_175149.JPG (Size: 241.47 KB / Downloads: 472)

.jpg   Deb & Nick-296.jpg (Size: 86.17 KB / Downloads: 472)
Caused suitable amusement among the guests
congratulations! great photos. Was that an Austin you had on 'Opal' table too?
That is quite a rare radiator shell...
(28-10-2021, 06:43 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: That is quite a rare radiator shell...

Indeed it is, if the rad shell didn't mysteriously disappear during the proceedings, perhaps Nick hadn't invited any owners of late '30 through to late 31 cars Wink

Seriously, getting hold of a decent example for my AG tourer that came to me with '32 onward rad was a mission even back in the late 70's
is this down to the embossing of the Austin badge - or rather lack of it?
Congratulations..........lovely pictures.
(29-10-2021, 01:27 PM)JonE Wrote: is this down to the embossing of the Austin badge - or rather lack of it?

It's the lack of embossing that makes them hard to find. This radiator was only used from the first of the tall-radiator cars in the mid-1930s to early 1931. Clearly, saving a few pennies per car multiplied by several thousand added up for the Company - as well as not having to screw the thing on (two screws and nuts saved as well...)
Surely it isn't too hard to convert a later cowl by cutting out the embossing and letting in a piece of brass sheet, silver soldered in place. Aren't the earlier repro rad badges available that can be used? I bought one many years ago.

Bolt on type I am referring to.

Nick, I apologise for forgetting to congratulate you for the wedding. So....congrats!
Dave.
Congratulations Nick and Debbie
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
(29-10-2021, 07:26 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Surely it isn't too hard to convert a later cowl by cutting out the embossing and letting in a piece of brass sheet, silver soldered in place. Aren't the earlier repro rad badges available that can be used? I bought one many years ago.

Ah! David, you make it sound so simple. Under your skilled hands, the conversion would be undetectable - under mine it would, almost certainly, resemble a lunar landscape.