The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
carb problems
i have a question about my carb on my 29' chummy. occasionally it will be leaking fuel out of the air intake. i am guessing that the needle is sticking. but i would like to get a second oppinion. it has the zenith just F.Y.I
Downdraught or horizontal?
The carb will almost certainly be leaking because the fuel level in the float chamber is slightly too high.

I suggest you have a quick go at cleaning the bowl, check if the toggle levers work freely, check that the needle is clean and that the float is not full of fuel.

If this doesn't fix the problem and the car runs well (and the carb only leaks when the engine is off), i suggest just turning off the fuel as soon as you stop the engine.
    does it look like these, 22FZB on left, 22FZ on right?
It looks like the one on the left. And is a horizontal. I will give it go at cleaning it
If it is horizontal, then it is likely to be a Zenith 26VA like this..

The images Dave posted are of 'updraft' variety. I think you shoud post a photo of your carb, so we can all be certain what we are talking about...
It could be an earlier Zenith, like this:

.jpg   s.d zenith.JPG (Size: 85.18 KB / Downloads: 339)

This is a 30mm on an Austin 12/4, but I've had a Seven running on a 26mm version (possibly from an early Riley Nine?).
sorry but i cant find any pics of it and i cant take any. i have already put the car un storage much to my shigrin. because here in Tahoe it snowed 1 foot of snow in October and rained for a few days straight. i can try to take pics next time i get to it but i know that this thread will probably have disappeared.
The thread can always be revived if and when you add another post to it. I fear we can offer no further help without photos. We are working in the dark
so to revive this thread, I have done more digging and have found that it is a 22fz (90% sure.) The car is still in storage but I am just getting as much info for when I get it out