The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number Plate stickers...
Do any Forum members have experience in using stick-on numbers for the registration plates?

If so, who might I go to, to get period font/style please?
I used black background and integral printed off white - vinyl - from web very cheaply for the Speedex. They may be able to match a font if you find one which works. But it was a 1959 Special. I'm not sure stick-on numbers are going to look right on anything which looks 1930s (i.e. an Ulsteroid) just because of the material?
How about this Ruairidh? It may not be what you want, but you have to look quite closely to see they are stickers and I has these made by a local sign maker using a specific colour recommended by one of our regular forumists and I thing it looks quite appropriate...sorry I can’t get the picture to go in the right way up! Ah, sorted it on the Mac!

It my idea but sounds good. Spray your number plate white. Put your reg number on with self adhesive letters to mask the white. Re spay number plate in black then when dry remove stick on numbers and letters. You are left with while reg number on black background.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Good morning. Some time ago someone advertised on this forum stencils for numberplates with the correct font, spacing and leading. I tried to order some but was unsuccessful, were they ever really available?
If you are having letters cut by a sign writer see if they can be cut in reflective white plastic. Roger Mallinson had them on the back of his Boat tail and they showed up very well in the torch light.
This chap does nice "sign written" style transfers, mainly for motorcycles but car ones also

https://classictransfers.co.uk/shop
I used a stencil from Classic Transfers and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. I *think* they may do self-adhesive letters too Ruairidh - might be worth a call.

That was ALL brush painted by the way... Shy
hi R,

ive done a couple with stickers.

the first was my first ulster build, its been pictured on here a few times. nobody ever picks out the stick on number. but they were the old fasioned ones that used to hang in halfords etc. and you just picked out individual numbers.

the last one i done was a longbridge boattail. i bought motorcycle stick on number plates from ebay. you can order two fronts.

or if you do an ulster tail, like KC. you order a rear.

thanks tony
Don’t forget Chris Chilcott's advice "Do remember to get the numbers in the right order" Big Grin
1931 RN, 1933 APD