The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Original Ulster for sale
This car might have already been discussed in which case please ignore my post. 
I thought I'd seen it up for sale a couple of years ago at a higher price but maybe that was it's twin. It would seem reasonably priced for a genuine Ulster if it is one.

I have a friend who acquired a heritage certificate a few years back for a car that didn't exist, from that I gather there isn't much diligence/checks when they issue certificates! So there's definitely some pitfalls around for unwary buyers. I'd be interested to know if anyone on the forum is aware of this car's history. Regards
Dirk

https://www.prewarcar.com/328542-1931-sh...ort-ulster
£44k? Pardon my astonishment but is this a typical price for the real thing?
€44k, Duncan, so that's nearer £40k! But with the majority of Ulsteroid specials asking around £25k, why not? Although this one has got a replacement body, so perhaps the price is a bit rich.
i quess everyone will value it differently.

but the last 3 real ulster engines ive seen up for sale were £10k to £12k unrestored. and they all sold.

so if you want the best replica out there at £25k then you want a real engine in it at £12k plus the cost of the rebuild. you are about there anyway.

it all depends on wheather its a known original or not. or even if you like the colour.

tony
Personally I think that a genuine Ulster should have three out of three of chassis, engine and body, all numbered and preferably matching numbers, together with original registration number and some provenance in the form of recorded history and period photographs etc.

The so called "genuine" one which I once had, only retained two out of the three, just like this car. This car also has no paperwork that I know of, so not great.

JF 322 the blown Ulster which sold recently at auction made just over £40K, which I would think makes this example worth considerably less?
I quite like the colour
a few more pics here... https://ulster7.wordpress.com/2020/10/30/132078/
Anyone know the registration?

Looking at the ledgers it doesn't have the engine it left the works with and is the wrong colour.

Engine description is very vague "Correct 9E1 Chromidium High Compression engine with the correct sump".

Does that mean Chromidium block with high compression head and correct type of sump, (that have been discussed before and were used on other cars apart from EA Sports.

Wonder what's happened to the body that came off it? The rest of it looks well used, to be honest I would rather a well used and abused original body to a shiny new one.

Also what does batch 7 mean? I think I know what they mean but as some of the ledgers are missing no one really knows.
looks like a 29/30 rear axle in that 1931 car.
Is the number NI 2205 as shown in this video?  That would make it a Wicklow number.

https://www.facebook.com/Classicsireland...ted_videos