The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 827 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 827 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VSSC film from 1973 - Upside down Chummy
I found this whilst looking for pre-war car content on YouTube the other evening. Some interesting things in there including a Chummy rolled upside down at about 10 minutes in.

And if people had been watching the Ivan's Shed channel be aware they had to start a new one, Ivan's Barn. He has all sorts of interesting cars he plays with.

Simon
Interesting film, and not just because I make two appearances! Two other Sevens feature which have been the subject of queries on this forum: RK 4953, the Hamilton Gould special, at 12.41 and VW 2513 at 26.41.
I did wonder if any regulars here made an appearance in it but thought it might be impolite to ask!

Simon
(17-10-2021, 09:32 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Interesting film, and not just because I make two appearances! Two other Sevens feature which have been the subject of queries on this forum: RK 4953, the Hamilton Gould special, at 12.41 and VW 2513 at 26.41.
...and sobering to think that the children in the film are now in their fifties.
WIth the roll oversteer effect and very little roll support from the front the oversteer of full height Sevens is impressive. As I have told before, eons ago before I had quite got my car on the road I was transferred to the other island. I convinced myself I needed a car and acquired a Ruby which, like most Sevens of the time was in abysmal condition although was unusual in that spark was not retarded so it would generously  exceed 35 mph. In the manner of teenagers I discovered that gunning it in 3rd in sharp corners in the wet could promote a fun slide. I was on the way to an exam one morning and applied the technique. The car snapped into wild slide. Unlike the clip I instantly corrected but the car then slid into the inside. When it struck the rough grass it tilted to 45 deg then dropped back down. Grass was entrapped between the tyre and rim. Needless to say I did not pass the exam.

Much later on my RP with hydraulic rear s.sa s the increased stiffness enabled slides to be provoked with great ease but as the car rolled far less it remained very controllable. However a demo when turning around a pointsman did not impress him.
(18-10-2021, 12:37 AM)Tony Griffiths Wrote:
(17-10-2021, 09:32 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Interesting film, and not just because I make two appearances! Two other Sevens feature which have been the subject of queries on this forum: RK 4953, the Hamilton Gould special, at 12.41 and VW 2513 at 26.41.
...and sobering to think that the children in the film are now in their fifties.

One of the boys at 12.28 is Patrick Blakeney-Edwards, creator of The Owlet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qv0iuq32cI
Lovely bit of nostalgia. Even if it does feature the horror of seeing a Watneys Party Seven again!
Happy to see my Special at Cheddar Light Car rally, but not eligible of course so marshalled.  Another 30 years before I saw the light and got a suitable 7!
so presumably the roller must still exist?
Untaxed since 1986; a very long rebuild, or maybe gone overseas, but obviously on the road well after this incident.