The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lady BacFire...
GN Fraser Nash Austin special

anyone know more about this wonderful special

Cheers
Matt
I was built by Rob Beck for Ben Marchant, both use the Forum.
Pretty certain there's nothing GN or Frazer Nash about it, except perhaps inspiration

And the builder looks to standing by the rear wheel, admiring his handiwork 

C
thanks Ruairdh
found the build thread, thats my afternoon gone haa haa

cheers
Hi

On the subject of V twins, I spotted this at the VSCC Welsh trial over the weekend.  Rumour has it that the barrels are of aero engine origin.  Cleared both the hills I was marshalling on  Smile.

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   B575A6CD-0C16-4D82-8B4F-E7EB47A70AB1.jpeg (Size: 196.51 KB / Downloads: 435)
(11-10-2021, 11:21 AM)goodwoodweirdo Wrote: GN Fraser Nash Austin special

anyone know more about this wonderful special

Cheers
Matt

Amazing - just looking at the diff relative to the seat I is reminded of a po-em

There was a young man from Boston 
Who drove around town in an Austin
There was room for ...... ummm nevermind  Big Grin
Howard thats also lovely, funny enough last week was talking with a chap about areo radial engines and making them into twins.. clearly he has far more imagination and talent than me :-)
(11-10-2021, 01:36 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi

On the subject of V twins, I spotted this at the VSCC Welsh trial over the weekend.  Rumour has it that the barrels are of aero engine origin.  Cleared both the hills I was marshalling on  Smile.

Cheers

Howard

Well, its got the same honker as my steam roller, and thats sort of a twin, a double acting one.
Mark Walker's Thunderbug has 2 barrels from a 2nd world war aero engine giving it 4.2 litres. It is slow revving, One detonation per lamp post.
Jim
Reminds me of Robin Newman's little ditty:

Drivin' a Baby Orstin'
can be very exhaustin'
one's elbows and knees
will fit in with ease
but the abdomen has to be forced in.

If you like V-twins - especially those cobbled together from old aircraft engines - take a look at The Millyard Special on You Tube (search Alan Millyard), and all done in his shed!! Quite remarkable, and see his other machines too.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish