The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DISMANTLING NIPPY FRONT SCREEN
Hi all, How difficult is it to remove the glass from a Nippy frame? I will need to remove and take the whole frame for chroming at some stage, probably over the winter months.
Also, do any Nippy owners have pics of the chrome bolts that secure the frame to the body at the sides?
Regards RPM
The frame is held together at he bottom corners by L brackets on the inside of the frame which are held by small screws through the outer frame. If you look at the bottom corner of the frame you should see two screw heads on the side and two on the bottom rail. How easy it is to dismantle depends on how easily you can remove the screws. You should only need to remove the two screws on each of the side bars.

The chromed bolts that hold the frame to the body are 1/4" BSF countersunk domed. Austin Reproduction Parts used to sell stainless steel ones.
Thanks Daveg for all he info.
Regards Rob
I used stainless steel 1/4 UNF raised countersunk set screws when I refitted mine. Couldn't find the equivalent in BSF here in Oz. Polished up on the polishing mop to look like chrome.