The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benjamin Horn Bracket
Hi,

I am planning to fit a Benjamin horn to my 1926 saloon but have no bracket. I would like to fit to the bulkhead. Does anyone have any dimensions for the bracket so I can make one and details of where it mounts on the bulkhead 

If anyone has a spare bracket even better 

The attached sketch page may help

From Bill in Oz.
Thanks bill just what I needed but does anyone have any details or a picture of where to mount on the bulkhead 

Thanks
Found this image online, but not sure if the position of the horn is correct ?

This is the car itself, said to be 1925 - it's in Connecticut, USA.

That would seem to be the best place to mount it for a variety of reasons.
My chummy (September '25) has exactly the same arrangement and mounting position as the yellow car.
I think it stayed there until the advent of the four piece bonnet and then mounted on the bonnet bar.
At some time the Benjamin was mounted on the offside rear two head studs.

Out of interest my 1929 Holden Fabric Saloon has a Benjamin Horn mounted on the Bonnet bar using a correct original bracket while the 1928 Holden bodied Chummy has a Rist on the Bonnet Bar.
Hi Tony,
Here is a photo taken in 1924 of a GE Brooklands showing the Benjamin horn mounted on the head studs

.jpg   Brooklands.JPG (Size: 30.2 KB / Downloads: 105)

Marcus
(05-10-2021, 10:19 PM)Tony Press Wrote: At some time the Benjamin was mounted on the offside rear two head studs.

Out of interest my 1929 Holden Fabric Saloon has a Benjamin Horn mounted on the Bonnet bar using a correct original bracket while the 1928 Holden bodied Chummy has a Rist on the Bonnet Bar.

Interestingly, the 1927 parts book states that the Benjamin horn "is not used on current models", which implies that it was not fitted from the factory after sometime in 1926. However, many later cars seem to carry them, perhaps because the early cars were broken up and spares were recycled and used up in the thirties and later. Both my Chummy and Top Hat (1927 and 1926) are fitted with Benjamins but they sure aren't original fitments!