The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL35
Bit of a strange one that has popped up on EBAY.
Does anyone know its history ?
i must admit i am tempted, but not happy about the number being by separate negotiation  Dodgy 
I am also confused over the second fuel tank for Avgas, could anyone enlighten me ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334159491454?...00&mkevt=1
Good looking car but I could not find anything about it online.  In any case I was well put off by the idea of splitting the reg from the car. Just doesn't sit comfortably with me.
Nick is quite right. If it is a genuine car with competition history, the vendor should be ashamed of themselves splitting car and reg number. If on the other hand, is it not even faintly genuine……
Didn't this get aired on here when it was found... and get cooed over?
Yes, great pity about the plate. Nice of seller to give the option, but that's essentially a plus 3 grand tax on top, isn't it?
At least one can be assured that its had a modern MOT to liberate it onto retention!

But as a UXS or BF or whatever, distinctly less attractive.
The MOT expired in August, so it will need re-MOTing before the number can be transferred, always assuming the number is transferrable anyway!
Love the (implied) competition history in that advert. You could spend half a lifetime tidying up that car. Interesting inlet manifold though, looks to have been originally made for a twin choke (American made) Stromberg.
I'm now thinking that our house must have had a strategic link to wartime bomber command, as we have a green front door.
The cockpit green is fake I know that much! LOL

The black and white photos appear to indicate a 50's or 60's build with a lower streamlined radiator cowl than it has now, (it looked better too, the current raised bonnet and standard cowl rather spoil the lines) so I suspect it is a period built special. As to competition history if someone were to sleuth through old 750Mc bulletins its possible they might find pictures of the car in its previous form.
Black Art Enthusiast
Bryan Norfolk produced a list of photos in 750 bulletins from 1959 to 1969 on an excel spreadsheet. A quick search didn't reveal any instances of the registration.
(29-09-2021, 08:04 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: The cockpit green is fake I know that much! LOL

The black and white photos appear to indicate a 50's or 60's build with a lower streamlined radiator cowl than it has now, (it looked better too, the current raised bonnet and standard cowl rather spoil the lines) so I suspect it is a period built special. As to competition history if someone were to sleuth through old 750Mc bulletins its possible they might find pictures of the car in its previous form.

I agree on the dating. It has the design hallmarks of an early 50's special based on pretty standard running gear. Not unattractive although I always think the forward, lowered rad looks a bit heavy. Most of these didn't have an "Ulster" type wheel cover though. 
That type of downdraught carb is a feature in PJ Stonehams's book.
I'm not sure what a "Speedwell" is, aside from a cave near Edale and some racing Minis - an altogether different Se7en.