The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wing Tanks ,a shameless promotion
(30-09-2021, 09:29 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote:
(30-09-2021, 12:04 PM)Chris KC Wrote: Duncan, Dave, how fortunate you are to live in an area where tap water is drinkable!
I harbour a suspicion that Anglian Water has a commercial interest in bottled water too and makes the crap from the tap deliberately unpalatable in order to sell more of it.

Eeeh, I remember my first high-hiking tour into France in 1966 and being advised to take water purification tablets as that filthy French water wasn't safe to drink. This was shown to be true as every grocer's shop (there weren't many supermarchés in them days) sold drinking water and most taps in cafes had "eau non potable" labels on the wall. Of course good old British tap water was the best in the world. Situation somewhat reversed now that our publicly owned utilities were sold back to us under privatisation and instead of treating our sewage which reduces dividends, it's put into rivers and thence to the system. (cf SW water and the River Wye)
Plus ca change...
Still, I have had enquiries about wing tanks, perhaps I should go into making water bowsers?

Oh Lord, those tablets were a sure way to make a bottle of water safe but undrinkable! They aren't quite so bad these days. I spent a fair bit of time in rural India, sometimes in places where the only water supply was a stagnant pool. Those drinking bottles with a filter built into the neck are jolly handy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wing Tanks ,a shameless promotion - by nrzam - 30-09-2021, 02:33 PM
RE: Wing Tanks ,a shameless promotion - by Chris KC - 01-10-2021, 11:54 AM
RE: Wing Tanks ,a shameless promotion - by Smiley - 07-05-2022, 10:22 PM